Dear friends! I present to you a new musical crossword. At this time, a crossword puzzle dedicated to the work of the great Russian composer Mikhail Ivanovich Glinka.
The crossword on Glinka is composed of 24 questions, relating mainly to his work. About half of all questions are related to opera. Some of the questions of the Glinka crossword puzzle affect the vocal and symphonic music of our dear composer.
A few introductory words. Glinka for Russian classical music is its founder. He is the creator of the national Russian opera, major symphonic compositions and famous vocal works based on poems of Russian poets.
Glinka has two operas. The first opera "Ivan Susanin" (the second title "Life for the Tsar") was completed and staged in 1836. It tells about the feat of the Kostroma peasant, who died to save the young Tsar Mikhail Romanov, who took the Russian throne at the end of the Time of Troubles. Questions related to this opera were compiled under the article "Ivan Susanin", therefore I recommend to contact this source when solving a crossword puzzle.
The opera "Ruslan and Lyudmila" was written by the composer by 1842. Of course, with its name, the opera addresses us to Pushkin’s poem of the same name. Unfortunately, due to the early death of the great poet, Glinka did not manage to work on the opera in collaboration with Pushkin. Nevertheless, many texts of the poem are preserved in the opera with their original form. Questions crossword on the work of Glinka, associated with the opera "Ruslan and Lyudmila" easier to unravel. Using the article "Ruslan and Lyudmila". By the way, the article is just a gorgeous selection of videos from the opera.
Well, now you can proceed to the cheating unraveling (answers given at the end) of this wonderful crossword puzzle on the topic "Glinka".
- Who suggested to Glinka the plot of the opera "Ivan Susanin"?
- Whose poems are written by Glinka's romances "I remember a wonderful moment", "Night Marshmallow", "A fire of desire burns in the blood"?
- Whose poems was written by Glinka's vocal cycle "Farewell to Petersburg"?
- Glinka's symphonic work, which is a variation on the themes of two Russian folk songs - wedding and dance.
- What is the role of Ruslan in the opera "Ruslan and Lyudmila"?
- The name of the character, the evil wizard, Carla, who kidnaps Lyudmila.
- What is the name of the Grand Duke of Kiev, the father of Lyudmila?
- Character in the opera "Ruslan and Lyudmila": the legendary singer who sings his songs at the wedding feast.
- What is the name of the vocal number that Lyudmila sings with the words "Sad for me, dear parent"?
- Who reworked the text of the libretto for the opera "Ivan Susanin"?
- Who wrote the first version of the libretto for the opera "Life for the Tsar"?
- Polish fast bipartite dance, which appears in the second act of the opera "Ivan Susanin".
- In which village the action of the first act of Glinka's opera "Life for the Tsar" takes place.
- What vote is assigned to the party of Susanin’s adopted son, Vanya?
Questions on the vertical:
- What country are related to the images and themes of Glinka's symphonic works "Aragon Jota" and "Night in Madrid"?
- What singing voice did the composer have?
- The romance, which begins with the words "Between heaven and earth, the song is distributed ...".
- The name of the character in the opera "Ruslan and Lyudmila": the Khazar prince, the rival Ruslan, his part is played by the female voice contralto.
- What is the name of Ivan Susanin's daughter?
- Russian poet who has a poem "Ivan Susanin".
- Which composer before Glinka wrote an opera on the plot of the Kostroma peasant Ivan Susanin?
- The name of the teacher Glinka, a German by the name of Denn.
- In what genre is Glinka's romance written to the poems of Zhukovsky's "Night View"?
- Polish solemn three-part dance, which sounds at the beginning of the second act of the opera "Ivan Susanin".
To help you, I also offer a chic and very small (6 minutes) program on Culture about Glinka, his life and work.
Answers to crossword on "Glinka":
Horizontally: 1. Zhukovsky 2. Pushkin 3. Kukolnik 4. Kamarinskaya 5. Baritone 6. The Black Sea 7. Svetozar 8. Bayan 9. Cavatina 10. Gorodetsky 11. Rosen 12. Krakovyak 13. Domnino 14. Contralto.
Vertically: 1. Spain 2. Tenor 3. Lark 4. Ratmir 5. Antonida 6. Ryleev 7. Kavos 8. Siegfried 9. Ballad 10. Polonaise.
Attention! You can also create your own crossword, dedicated to the work of Glinka, or any other crossword on music, and place it on this site. How to create a crossword puzzle for music, read the instructions here. For placement, please contact me at any of the social networks (my pages are below the article), or using the feedback form on the site.
To be inspired to create a crossword of Glinka, I suggest you listen to his music.
M.I. Glinka - chorus "Glory ..." as a variant of the Russian anthem